20 Aralık 2016 Salı

Yasul'dan Adil'e










June 5th, 1989.
My Dear Adil,

How are you doing? I’m fine.
It was usual today. Nothing new at the language school. Rosemary came back here yesterday (on Sunday) but I don’t talk to her about housing. She was so tired and want to bed around seven o’clock, maybe. I also went out yesterday so we didn’t have time to take. She is gonna come home in one hour and half. I’m little bit tense and doubt if she can accept my suggestion or not. Anyway, I hope I can stay here until seeing you again. As I told you before, there are a lot of memories with you. I don’t want to get out here now. If I have to move new place, I feel sorry. But it’s ok, because I’m always with you and I’m gonna take all memories there which is my mind you and pictures...
Well. I don’t know about flight tickets yet. They (travel agent) don’t let me know yet. If they seem to not find out, I’ll check another travel agency.
Oh Adil. Today in the Jim’s class, we disscussed about marriage. Jim said “almost people who get married are not happy, miserable. It’s a tragedy.” What do you think about this opinion? I think it depends on on the people doing. His life on the marriage might have failed but I don’t think others are like him after marrying. One guy asked me about what type of guy whom my favourite is. I answered my type of guy is kind and has responsible about family and love me and experienced guy. Do these items conform you? Whick kind of girl do you like Adil? Say it is exactly me.
So I love you very much. I’ll write you tomorrow too. Bye-chu.

P.S I miss you very much.



5 Haziran 1989

Sevgili Adilim,

Nasılsın? Ben iyiyim.
Bugün sıradan bir gündü. Dil okulunda yeni bir şey olmadı. Rosemary dün (Pazar) geldi ama ev işleriyle ilgili konuşmadık. Yorgundu, bu yüzden birlikte geçirecek zamanımız olmadı. Bir buçuk saat içinde evde olacak. Önerimi kabul edip etmeyeceği konusunda biraz gergin ve şüpheliyim. Umarım seni tekrar görene kadar burda kalabilirim. Yeni bir yere taşınmak zorunda kalırsam üzülürüm. Yine de sorun olmaz, çünkü ben hep seninleyim. Aklımdaki sana dair fotoğraflar ve anıları götüreceğim.
Uçak biletleri ne oldu bilmiyorum. Seyahat ajentası henüz bilgi vermiyor. Böyle devam ederlerse başka bir ajentaya bakacağım.
Adil, bugün Jim’in dersinde evliliği tartıştık. Jim dedi ki “evlenenlerin çoğu mutsuz ve sersefil olurlar, trajedidir evlilik”. Sen ne düşünüyorsun? Bence bu evlenenlere bağlı. Onun evliliği hüsranla bitmiş olabilir ama herkesin evlendikten sonra böyle olduğunu düşünmüyorum. Çocuğun biri hoşlandığım tipi sordu. Ben de nazik, ailevi sorumlulukları olan, beni seven, deneyimli diye cevapladım. Bu özellikler sana uyuyor mu? Senin hoşlandığın kız tipi nedir, bana detaylı olarak yaz.
Seni çok seviyorum. Yarın yine yazacağım. Hoşçakal.

Not: Seni çok özlüyorum.


June 6th, 1989

Dear Adil,

How are you doing? I’m pretty good but I’m so busy. I have a lot of things I have to do but I don’t know which one I have to do first. Yesterday, I talked to Rosemary about cost of housing but she didn’t give me answer. She said she had to talk to ***. today Raurance told me what Rosemary taked to her. She can deduct about cast of no meal but she doesn’t want one to clean up the house...
(one hour past)
Hi Adil, I’m tired but I still want to continue to write you. I have only power to do it. I almost decided to stay here, not morning. Cost of housing is three hundred twenty five dollars. It’s not my eating cost but it is ok, maybe... Now  I’m ...*** to get a job. Today I went to four church to find out some advertisements like baby-sitter. I couldn’t find because they already closed. Tomorrow I’m gonna try again. Only these thing which I can do to save money. I’m gonna get a ticket, flight, to Turkey. Just wait for me Adil. Recently I’m so active and started to study hard like before. Now I don’t have time to cry as I told you on the letter, I used to cry too much after you left here. But it means not doesn’t care about you. I am expecting to see you soon. With thinking about it, I can get power to overcome any problem.
Oh Adil, I remember that we are always together and in the night we enjoyed to take in the car. *** I had better stop writing. It’s endless. I’m gonna study. Bye-chu.


6 Haziran

Sevgili Adil,

Nasılsın? Ben çok iyiyim ama çok meşgulüm. Yapmam gereken çok şey var ama hangisinden başlayacağımı hiç bilmiyorum. Dün evin giderleriyle ilgili Rosemary ile konuştum ama bana cevap vermedi. *** ile konuşacakmış. Bugün Raurance Rosemary’nin ona ne anlattığını söyledi. Yemek masraflarında kesintiye gidemezmiş ama evi birinin temizlemesini istemiyormuş.
(bir saat sonra)
Selam Adil, yorgunum ama yine de sana yazmak istiyorum. Sadece buna yetecek gücüm var. Burada kalmaya neredeyse karar verdim. Giderler 325 dolar, yemek masrafım hariç, ama olsun diyorum. Şimdi iş bulmaya çalışıyorum. Bugün bebek bakıcılığı gibi ilanlara bakmak için dört kiliseye gittim. Bulamadım, çünkü kapalılardı. Yarın yine deneyeceğim. Para biriktirmek için böyle şeyler yapabilirim. Türkiye’ye uçak bileti alacağım. Bekle beni Adil. Son zamanlarda bir hayli faalim ve eskisi gibi sıkı çalışmaya başladım. Mektupta da yazdığım gibi, ağlayacak vaktim yok, sen burdan gittikten sonra çok ağlardım eskiden. Bu seni önemsemediğim anlamına gelmiyor, yakın zamanda göreceğim seni. Bunu düşünerek her türlü zorluğun üstesinden gelecek gücü bulabilirim.
Adil, hatırlıyorum da hep birlikteydik ve geceleri arabada takılmayı severdik. Artık yazmayı bitirsem iyi olacak, bunun sonu gelmez. Ders çalışacağım. Hoşçakal.





June 7th, 1989

Hello Adil,

How are you doing? I’m fine but I’m little bit tired because of practice TOEFL test. I focused all my brain on the paper. This TOEFL is gonna be best one all of them. I feel sorry this one is not a difficult test. Now I feel that my English is improving, better than before except conversation. I haven’t had good opportunity to speak English since you left here. My life in America *** is getting better except money problem. It seemed to be dark and nothing after left me. I couldn’t anything, even study. Now my life here is quiet, calm and compose myself. If you are beside me now, it’s gonna be wonderful.
Every time after I live seperately long distance, I couldn’t compose myself. I always worried about my boyfriend with thinhing about new girlfriend. In this case, I don’t feel like this. I just belove you and I’m looking forward to seeing you. It’s amazedly.
I’m happy to see you, such a nice guy in my life, thank you Adil.
Oh Adil, I have something to tell you. I told Rosemary about us. Were you surprised? Actually there are few people who know about us.
Adil, write a letter to Rosemary,  too. She’s gonna be glad. She said she missed you. But *** don’t forget to write me it. Others are after me, I’m first, ok?
Well, today *** visited to G.G.C.S. I was surprised. He hasn’t visited to school since last season. He said he was taking trip and working. He also said he wouldn’t come to school anymore. I don’t know his plans about his future but we can play tennis again.
I’m gonna tighten up my body until seeing you. Just expect it Adil. So now let me go study. I miss you very much. Take care of yourself please. I’ll see you soon.
(-chu-)

P.S Send me your picture

A lot of love


7 Haziran

Merhaba Adil,

Nasılsın? Ben iyiyim ama biraz yorgunum TOEFL çalışmaktan. Bütün dikkatimi kağıda verdim. Bu test şimdiye kadarkilerkilerin en iyisi olacak. Zor olmadığı için üzülüyorum. Artık İngilizcemin geliştiğini hissediyorum, konuşma haricinde öncekinden daha iyiyim. Sen burdan gittiğinden beri İngilizce konuşma fırsatı bulamadım doğru dürüst. Amerika’da hayatım para sorunu dışında iyiye gidiyor. Önceleri her şey karanlık görünüyor ve bana bir şey kalmıyordu, hiçbir şey yapamıyordum, ders bile çalışamıyorum. Artık sessiz sedasız yaşayıp gidiyorum. Şimdi yanımda olsan harika olurdu.
Uzak yerlerde her kalışımda  kendimi toplayamazdım. Hep erkek arkadaşımın yeni bir kız arkadaşı mı var diye düşünürdüm. Seninle böyle hissetmiyorum. seni seviyor ve görmeye can atıyorum. Bu şaşkınlık verici.
Hayatımda böylesine iyi biri olduğu için, sen olduğun için çok mutluyum, teşekkürler Adil.
Adil, sana anlatacağım bir şey var. Ben Rosemary’e bizden söz ettim. Şaşırdın mı? Aslında bizi bilen birkaç kişi var.
Adil, Rosemary’e de mektup yaz. Memnun olacaktır. Seni özlediğini söyledi. Ama önce bana yazmayı unutma. Diğerleri benden sonra gelir, önce ben, tamam mı?
Bugün *** G.G.C.S.’yi ziyaret etti, şaşırdım. Geçen dönemden beri okula gelmemişti. Gezdiğini ve çalıştığını, ayrıca artık okula gelmeyeceğini söyledi. Geleceği hakkındaki planlarını bilmiyorum ama yeniden tenis oynayabiliriz.
Seni görene dek vücudumu forma sokacağım. Düşün bakalım Adil. Şimdi ders çalışayım. Seni çok özledim. Kendine iyi bak lütfen. Yakında görüşmek üzere.
(-chu-)

Not: Resmini yolla.

Sevgiler
Yasul

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder